Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Makes beautiful christmas cookies that are welcomed gifts.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry jam
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combing flour, baking power and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12" x 9" rectangle.
- Combine jam, coconut and pecans; spread over rectangles.
- Carefully roll up, starting with the long end, intoa tight jelly roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool an wire racks.
These were wonderful. A little bit of work, but worth it. The only raspberry jam I had, had seeds, so I used strawberry instead. Very pretty cookies & very tasty. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. I will use it again.
MIL gave me this recipe years ago, and I still love it.
I have this same recipe; it comes from Taste of Home. I made these last Christmas and they were SPECTACULAR!!