Recipe by carolinafan
This dessert is a little different than the other Raspberry Swirls on here because of the coconut base.
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut, toasted (2-2/3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream, stiffly whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut and margarine; press firmly on bottom and up side of 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- In blender container, blend raspberries until smooth. In small saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until mixture thickens. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute.
- Over low heat; stir until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, liqueur and gelatin; mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream. Chill 10 minutes or until mixture mounds slightly.
- Spread half the gelatin mixture into prepared pan; top with half the raspberry mixture in small amounts.
- Repeat layering.
- With table knife or metal spatula; swirl raspberry mixture through gelatin mixture.
- Chill 6 hours or until set.
- Remove side of springform pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers.