Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Cookbook authorMiyoko Schinner has a huge winner in this recipe. Easy to make and everyone (and I mean everyone) will love it. I'm posting the recipe as written, but I only use the "fat" from the coconut milk. For the cashew cream cheese use this recipe: Cashew Cream Cheese (From Artisan Vegan Cheese). Use your favorite crumb crust for the base.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cashew cream cheese
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put everything except the raspberries in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Set a half cup of the mixture aside and pour the rest into a prepared crust. (Springform pans are ideal here.).
- Return the reserved cream cheese mixture to the food processor and add the raspberries. Process until smooth.
- Drop tablespoons over the top of the filling and swirl to make a pretty design.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 50 minutes or until the top has puffed up and is dry to the touch but the center is still wobbly.
- Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Serve with a raspberry coulis.