Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Posted in response to a recipe request.
Top Review by Mary_K
WOW!!! This cake was a huge hit! I served this for a Mother's Day cookout and it was perfect as written. I used 2% milk and Smucker's seedless raspberry jam. I glazed the cake when it was still warm and let it cool on the cooling rack. I served it was berries and whipped cream...like a gourmet shortcake. However, it is wonderful on its own.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml flour, sifted
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 314.66 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 118.29 ml raspberry jelly
- red food coloring
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58-44.37 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream 1 c + 1 T butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk to the butter/sugar (begin and end with dry ingredients); add the vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold gently by hand into the batter.
- Heat jelly until melted; cool slightly.
- Remove 1 c of batter and add jelly; mix well.
- Add enough food coloring to make the batter pink.
- Pour the white batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Pour jelly batter on top.
- Swirl the raspberry mixture into the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioners sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in enough milk to produce a slightly runny consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and drizzle with sieved raspberry jam.