1/1 Photo of Raspberry Swirl Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup raspberry jelly
- red food coloring
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, cream 1 c + 1 T butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 4Add the flour alternately with the milk to the butter/sugar (begin and end with dry ingredients); add the vanilla.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold gently by hand into the batter.
- 6Heat jelly until melted; cool slightly.
- 7Remove 1 c of batter and add jelly; mix well.
- 8Add enough food coloring to make the batter pink.
- 9Pour the white batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- 10Pour jelly batter on top.
- 11Swirl the raspberry mixture into the cake.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 13Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 14To make the glaze, combine the confectioners sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- 15Add in enough milk to produce a slightly runny consistency.
- 16Pour the glaze over the cake and drizzle with sieved raspberry jam.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 726.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 90.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g