Posted in response to a recipe request.
Make and share this Raspberry Swirl Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly
- red food coloring
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream 1 c + 1 T butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk to the butter/sugar (begin and end with dry ingredients); add the vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold gently by hand into the batter.
- Heat jelly until melted; cool slightly.
- Remove 1 c of batter and add jelly; mix well.
- Add enough food coloring to make the batter pink.
- Pour the white batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Pour jelly batter on top.
- Swirl the raspberry mixture into the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioners sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in enough milk to produce a slightly runny consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and drizzle with sieved raspberry jam.
WOW!!! This cake was a huge hit! I served this for a Mother's Day cookout and it was perfect as written. I used 2% milk and Smucker's seedless raspberry jam. I glazed the cake when it was still warm and let it cool on the cooling rack. I served it was berries and whipped cream...like a gourmet shortcake. However, it is wonderful on its own.