Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great make-ahead recipe for summer months, and I've also made it other times of the year too.
- 3⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons regular margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- Thoroughly combine crumbs, butter and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Press mixture into well greased 7x11x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in 375*F oven about 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Beat egg yolks in bowl with electric mixer at high speed till thick.
- Add cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and salt; beat till smooth and light.
- Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- Puree raspberries in processor or blender.
- Gently swirl half of puree into cheese filling; spread mixture in crust.
- Spoon remaining puree over top; swirl with a knife.
- Freeze, then cover and return to freezer.
Family loved it. When I went to make it, however, I discovered I had strawberries instead of rasberries. Also, since it was the 4th we put in blueberries to be festive.