Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe originally appeared in Bon Appetit Nov 1983.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced into rings
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine jam, apricots, honey, diced onion, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Make slits in sides of pork chops, forming pockets. Generously stuff some of jam mixture into each chop and secure with toothpicks. Set aside remaining jam mixture.
- Arrange chops in 9 x 13 baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes.
- Top each chop with some of the reserved jam mixture and onion rings. Cover and continue baking until meat thermometer registers 160F, about 30 to 40 mins more.