Recipe by Tootalltygerlily
Golden brown muffins with soft and sweet crumble topping.
Top Review by colettemarie
Delicious! i didn't had raspberries , so i made them with strawberries and apples,and it was great, and the topping streusel was excellent, and it smelled very good, i added some more cinnamon and clove to the topping and my mom and brothers loved it , is a great breakfast when you are in a hurry, thank you! :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup grated apple, your choice
- 3 large eggs, fork-beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (canola can be used)
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk (or reconstituted from powder)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, hard (not soft)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and the brown sugar amounts from the muffin mix recipe in a large bowl.
- Add baking powder; stir.
- Add raspberries and apple.
- Mix well.
- Combine eggs, oil and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- Add to raspberry mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Grease muffin tins with cooking spray and fill cups 3/4 full with the batter.
- Time to assemble the struesel topping.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl (a different one than used earlier).
- Add cinnamon; stir.
- Cut in margarine until consistency of fine crumbs.
- Sprinkle each muffin tin cup with struesel topping.
- Bake in 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for about 20 minutes until wooden toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold.