Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Hearty yet light muffins, sweet enough while still letting the raspberries shine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, milk and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture just until moistened.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
A nice moist muffin. Published in Taste of Home, Country-Style Cooking, 2002.