I love fresh raspberries- When they are in season, my mom goes crazy too. When we get them, she always says, "They're like gold!"
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a small bowl blend milk, butter and egg.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each of 12 greased muffin cups.
- Divide 1/2 of the raspberries among cups.
- Top with remaining batter and then remaining raspberries.
- Combine topping ingredients until mixture resembles moist crumbs; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes- Let stand for 5 minutes and carefully remove.
I recently moved to a new house that has a large raspberry bramble so I have been looking for recipes. I have tried a few but these muffins are the best of anything! Easy too! I have made them about 10 times now - every one who has one wants more! Amazing for breakfast or whenever. Only change I made is that I didn't have any pecans so I left them out of the toppng and increased the flour and b. sugar slightly. These are awesome!!!
These looked and smelled wonderful. My family thought they tasted good, but not great. My brother suggested adding a little more sugar to the streusel topping. The next time I get my hands on some fresh raspberries I try making them again! An update: some of my other family members and friends thought these were 5 star worthy without any alterations, so I'm changing my rating to reflect that!