Recipe by Mom2Rose
Fruit jam that you probably have on hand makes the tasty filling in this easy-to-make layered bar.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I planned on making this for our church picnic however; the task was passed on to my daughter who had a wonderful time in the kitchen. She said it was a simple recipe to put together, and loved the fact that she could roll up her sleeves and mix the crust/topping by hand "literally". I made homemade blackberry jam for the first time this week and she chose to use it as the filling for the bars. The recipe was doubled and baked nicely in a 9"x13" pan. Everyone that tried the bars loved them...we were the only one's who did not bring home any leftovers.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press half of dough into bottom of pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Spread jam over base.
- Crumble remaining dough over jam.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows.