Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
Fruit jam that you probably have on hand makes the tasty filling in this easy-to-make layered bar.
Make and share this Raspberry Streusel Bars (Cookie Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press half of dough into bottom of pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Spread jam over base.
- Crumble remaining dough over jam.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows.
I planned on making this for our church picnic however; the task was passed on to my daughter who had a wonderful time in the kitchen. She said it was a simple recipe to put together, and loved the fact that she could roll up her sleeves and mix the crust/topping by hand "literally". I made homemade blackberry jam for the first time this week and she chose to use it as the filling for the bars. The recipe was doubled and baked nicely in a 9"x13" pan. Everyone that tried the bars loved them...we were the only one's who did not bring home any leftovers.
Very nice bars ~ easy to make & great tasting! This is one of the 1st times I've used a cookie mix in a bar recipe, & after trying these, I'll be making them again just as the recipe dictates! I'm partial to the raspberry, but realize an apricot jam would be nice, too! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]