Recipe by VKuuipo Bridges
I love Raspberry Streusel Bars. Found this one also in a Sunday Ad. I am definitely planning on making this very soon.
Top Review by lbkelly
Great easy recipe! The only thing I would suggest is to leave out the baking powder. I'n not sure why you need leavening with essentially a flour and butter mix.... The baking powder has a bitter taste that doesn't add to the recipe. Otherwise, a very nice addition to my cookie exchange party! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7⁄8 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam or 1 cup preserves
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, flour brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in margarine until mixture is crumbly (reserve 1 cup crumb mixture onto bottom of an 8" square pan). Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread raspberry fruit evenly over baked crust within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- Combine reserved crumb mixture with remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and almonds.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture, pressing lightly into fruit.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares and serve.