Recipe by PRINCESS JEN 420
I just came up with a wild idea to put raspberries in with a regular strawberry shortcake. to my surprise, it came out really well, and it's even better the next day.
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 20 raspberries, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 shortcakes or 6 angel food cake
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice up the strawberries and raspberries and put in a large bowl.
- add sugar and mix (i use a Tupperware bowl with a lid and shake the mixture up, it's quicker this way).
- let the strawberry mixture stand in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until the juice and sugar has made a syrup.
- top the shortcakes or angel food with the strawberries.
- top with whipped cream.