Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 1⁄2 pints fresh raspberries
- Combine orange juice, water, honey, sugar, and orange peel in blender.
- Add half of strawberries and half of raspberries and puree until smooth.
- Add remaining berries and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Freeze until edges are icy and center is slushy about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Stir icy and center is slushy center.
- Freeze granita until solid stirring every 45 minutes for about 3 1/2 hours longer.
- Using a fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes.
- Cover and freeze at 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Spoon granita into glasses.