Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Great add-on Christmas pudding recipe but great all year around!
- 4 tablespoons sago
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fig, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Place sago into a large basin with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day:Grease and line base of a 6 cup pudding basin. Stir all the remaining ingredients into the sago and spoon mixture into basin.
- Cover securely with 2 sheets of aluminium foil and string. Steam in a large, covered saucepan of almost boiling water for 3 hours or until cooked (keep topping up saucepan with boiling water to come half way up side of basin).
- Serve hot with custard.