Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I got married, my sister made a recipe book of her favorite tried and true recipes. Nine years later I find that it is the book I most often pull off the shelf. This yummy treat was among them....
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups krusteaz pancake mix (or other mix)
- Fold raspberries into whipped topping and chill.
- Whisk together milk, sour cream, egg and oil.
- Sift the pancake mix into the wet mix, and whisk to incorperate.
- You should have a very smooth batter that is a tad on the runny side, but they are WONDERFUL!
- These cook up very light and fluffy and melt in your mouth.
- They are not a typical crisp waffle.
- These were so popular when I made them Sunday morning that I had to make a second batch, but we were out of sour cream.
- I tried a cup of lemon yogurt just for kicks.
- They turned out wonderful as well!
- They had a light scent of lemon while cooking, and you will taste a hint of lemon when eating.
- Very light, and yummy!
These were soft, fluffy and qutie tasty. Great way to doctor up store bought mix. These were quick & easy and I loved the raspberry topping, which I think would also be great using whipped cream. (Note:The waffles are ready when your machine beeps or blinks, depending upon your machine(or when it stops steaming if you have no light/beeper).
Yum! I've had these in my cookbook for a while now and finally made them for breakfast today! They taste great but it's hard to tell when they're done.... that may take some practice! We loved them though.