Recipe by mom2alex&jake
When I got married, my sister made a recipe book of her favorite tried and true recipes. Nine years later I find that it is the book I most often pull off the shelf. This yummy treat was among them....
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were soft, fluffy and qutie tasty. Great way to doctor up store bought mix. These were quick & easy and I loved the raspberry topping, which I think would also be great using whipped cream. (Note:The waffles are ready when your machine beeps or blinks, depending upon your machine(or when it stops steaming if you have no light/beeper).
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups krusteaz pancake mix (or other mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold raspberries into whipped topping and chill.
- Whisk together milk, sour cream, egg and oil.
- Sift the pancake mix into the wet mix, and whisk to incorperate.
- You should have a very smooth batter that is a tad on the runny side, but they are WONDERFUL!
- These cook up very light and fluffy and melt in your mouth.
- They are not a typical crisp waffle.
- These were so popular when I made them Sunday morning that I had to make a second batch, but we were out of sour cream.
- I tried a cup of lemon yogurt just for kicks.
- They turned out wonderful as well!
- They had a light scent of lemon while cooking, and you will taste a hint of lemon when eating.
- Very light, and yummy!