Recipe by Kaarin
This delicious pie uses frozen raspberries. The kids love the cookie cutter shapes on top. I came up with this one myself to help use all the raspberries I froze last summer. Top with cool whip or serve with ice cream.
Top Review by Dorel
When I saw the great pic you took of the pie I had to make it. I had everything I needed. I didn't use the cinnamon, personal preference. I would have liked to put the star cutouts you had on yours but I couldn't find the star cutout. I just made a regular 2 cusst pie. Thanks for posting Kaarin.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a kettle, combine frozen raspberries, sugar, tapioca and a little water (enough to cover bottom of pan); cook slowly until raspberries thaw. Cook and stir for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, cinnamon and sour cream.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Cut top crust with cookie cutter shapes and arrange on top of filling.
- Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 and bake 35 minutes till crust is golden brown.
- Cool, then keep refrigerated.