Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another variation of raspberry sour cream muffins. This one is seedless if you use seedless jam, and better for those of us who don't tolerate seeds in our diet.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cultured sour cream
- raspberry jam
- Sift together first four ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream sugar and butter till fluffy light.
- Blend in eggs, then sour cream.
- Combine liquid mixture with dry ingredients by stirring till blended; do not beat.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups about half full.
- Place a teaspoon of jam atop batter, then another spoon of batter over jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
These muffins were excellent. They were soft and cakelike, not terribly sweet (which was a nice offset to the jam filling), and looked quite nice. I even made a few with different jam fillings, using strawberry and even pineapple preserves mixed with a bit of coconut. They baked up perfect, with a nice, rounded top and great texture. The one thing I did find was that the muffin part was not as flavorful as I would have liked ... I would definiltey make them again, but would add some flavoring, perhaps vanilla, or almond extract, to the dough next time. I do, however, highly recommend them.