Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are good muffins to have for breakfast in the morning.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, plus
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen unthawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Make topping: in a small bowl combine pecans, 2 T of sugar and 1 T of wheat germ.
- Set aside.
- If using fresh raspberries, rinse and pat dry, set aside.
- Combine flour 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl, mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk and egg, blend well.
- Add sour cream mixture all at once to dry ingredients, mix just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix).
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill cups of muffin pan, lined with paper baking cups, to almost full.
- Sprinkle with topping, patting gently.
- Bake in a 350° oven 23 to 26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center without touching a berry comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins.
- Serve muffins warm.
Easy to make, but my family did not like the muffins. They were very chewy.
These muffins are delicious! DH is a big raspberry fan, and he gave them 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. We will be making these again.
Excellent muffins! Light and moist. Don't skip the glaze, and please use fresh lemon juice! It really adds a wonderful flavor that compliments the raspberries. I wasn't sure which type of wheat germ to use, so went with toasted. Used part lowfat yogurt which I needed to use up, and part lowfat sour cream. Just realized these don't have any added fat. They certainly don't taste lower fat. My son spotted these beauties as soon as he came home from school and promptly gobbled down a couple. Two thumbs up from us! Thanks for sharing the recipe!