Recipe by Jennifer aka jedinow
A great way to use up leftover sour cream - sweetened with honey. Try other berries or berry combinations! When serving it at a fancy dinner party, call it "Crème Aigre Glacée avec Framboises"!
Top Review by Maito
This has great color and flavor! And I love the tang from the sour cream, it makes it taste like an upscale frozen yogurt. I used milk, 1/2 cup ultrafine sugar, and tripled the raspberries, so they would be really prominent. Fresh picked raspberries really make this special. I would recommend eating it the first day though, as it freezes up pretty hard after 24 hours.
- 1 cup 10% light cream (half & half)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups sour cream (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup pureed raspberries (about 2 c. frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cream, honey, and sour cream.
- Combine the lemon juice and raspberries; stir into the cream mixture.
- Option: For a smoother product, press through a sieve to remove any raspberry seeds.
- Add Splenda or stevia to sweeten if needed. (Other berries may need more or less sweetener.).
- Let ripen in fridge at least four hours or overnight.
- Ensure mixture has not separated, and pour into ice cream machine.