Prep 13 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg whites (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat raspberry fruit spread with lemon juice; set aside.
- In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until whites begin to mound.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and whites stand in stiff peaks when beaters are lifted.
- With rubber spatula, fold one-third of whites into raspberry mixture until well blended, and then fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon mixture into 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish; gently spread evenly.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until soufflé is puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.