Recipe by Manami
"Driscoll's Chef Revsin brings back the classic shrimp and avocado salad, but with a wonderful new flavor partner raspberries." The sweet-tart berries are perfect with the shrimp and avocado! The dressing is one you'll use over any salad and as topping with fish, chicken or fruit platter.
- 1⁄3 cup driscoll's raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (Not extra-virgin)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 lb driscoll's raspberries
- 1 cup diced & cleaned tiny cooked shrimp
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons chopped red onions (soaked in cold water for 2 minutes)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mango
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and seed removed
- lemon juice (a little sprinkle over avocado halves)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or food processor combine raspberries, vinegar, honey and mustard and blend until smooth.
- Gradually blend in oil until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- Shrimp Salad:.
- In medium mixing bowl combine shrimp, mango, celery, and drained onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon Raspberry Dressing.
- Gently fold in rasspberries.
- Center each avocado half on a chilled salad plate.
- Divide raspberry shrimp mixture among avocado halves, filling to overflowing.
- Serve extra dressing on the side.