Melt in your mouth.
Make and share this Raspberry Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in extract; gradually add flour until dough forms a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center.
- Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spoon additional into cookies if desired.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cookies.
I made these during Christmas and they tasted sooooo good. Very soft and tender butter flavored cookie with the delicious raspberry jam in the center. The glaze just put our lights out. Beautiful and scrumptious. Thank-you.
These were really good, but the glaze made them too sweet and it kind of covered up the excellent taste of the jam and the cookie. We thought the cookies would have been better without the glaze but, alas, I had already glazed them all before I realized. Would probably make again without the glaze. Also, I halved the glaze and it was plenty.