Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe comes from a Brenda Blanchette of the Junior League of Lynchburg, Virginia. You may use seedless jam if you wish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with foil extending edges over sides.
- Make crust: Whisk flour and sugar together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Bake until edges are golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Make filling: Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a mixer bowl at medium high speed.
- At low speed beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread jam evenly over crust.
- Pour egg mixture on top, then sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake until center is completely set and top is golden, 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Lift shortbread from pan.
- Peel off foil and cut into 16 squares, then halve each square diagonally.
- Sprinkle with cnofectioner's sugar.