Recipe by lilypad722
I'll be making this for Christmas as everyone loves raspberry sherbet and this gives it such an unusual presentation that everyone loves it. And of course the leaves are to die for. Found in Country Woman.
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shortening
- 10 -12 small lemon leaves
- 3 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- With a small new paint brush, brush white chocolate in a thin layer on the underside of each leaf.
- Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of white chocolate; chill for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Gently peel leaf from chocolate.
- For wreath, chill a 14-in. to 16-in. round serving platter in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Working quickly, scoop 1-1/2-in. balls of sherbet and arrange in a ring on the platter.
- Make another ring of sherbet scoops inside the first ring.
- Arrange a third ring on top of the other rings. If sherbet begins to melt, return platter to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with white chocolate leaves and raspberries.