1/1 Photo of Raspberry Scottish Shortbread ( Vegan!)
This is from Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman) and Ariane Spade's vegan cookbook "High Road To Health". It is more like a bar with jelly than a shortbread, that name has always confused me,but maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, it is one of the few actual recipes I use, which is a problem when you want to share. I love eating this raw-the REAL maple syrup makes it!!! Also it is EASY to make- i put the actual directions in but I just put in dry ingredients, then wet, then mix, nothing step by step.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Sift the flour and salt(I just put them in a bowl and mix I'm not a sifter).
- 3Add the oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4Add the maple syrup and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- 5Lightly oil a 9x9 pan. Cover bottom with half the batter, pressing it firmly into place with fingers.
- 6Spread the jam evenly over the batter to cover(I find it helps to mix jam first) Loosely cover with remaining batterPress gently and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes(If you can wait).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Scottish Shortbread ( Vegan!)
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: