Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use this sauce for everything! From drizzling over cheesecake, cream puffs or pound cake- to ice cream, chocolate souffles or swirled into a vanilla souffle right before you bake it. You can also use it in a pitcher on the table to pour over pancakes, waffles or crepes. From Room For Dessert.
- 1 pint raspberries (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kirsch or 1 teaspoon framboise eau-de-vie (optional)
- Pass the raspberries through a food mill fitted with a fine disk, or puree the raspberries in a food processor and press through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Heat the sugar and the water to gether until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir it into the raspberry puree and add the lemon juice and the kirsch or framboise, if desired.
- Taste and if necessary adjust with additional sugar, lemon juice or kirsch or framboise.
I made this using frozen mixed berries and I cut the recipe in half and then in half again because I only needed a little bit. This turned out to be the perfect amount. Even substituting and cutting it down this turned out fantastic! It was incredibly easy to make and quick. It is perfectly sweetened and will taste great on this cheesecake I have. Thanks!
I made a white chocolate cheesecake and a chocolate torte for Christmas dessert. This sauce is WONDERFUL and will go with both! I will put a spoonful on the plate and swipe the back of my spoon across to make a nice design, then place the dessert on it. Your family will think you took lessons!
Thank you Bev for this wonderful recipe made almost according to directions did not put through a food mill. I like the raspberries whole did not need to use any water as the raspberries were quite juicy so had plently of juice they had been in the freezer since this summer.I used 8 cups of raspberries but unfortunatly had to add an extra cup of sugar these raspberries were not very sweet this year but adding the Kirsch I feel just married all the flavours together the Kirsch is the magic!