Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes 2 cups. Comes from the lemon book. Alter the amount of sugar, depending on how sweet the berries are. The sauce will keep for a week in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh raspberries (3 1/2 pint packs)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Puree the raspberries in a food processor.
- Sift the sugar over the berries and pulse until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer into a bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice to taste.
- The sauce will thicken on standing; add water, as needed to thin to desired consistency just before serving.