Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in the Reno Gazzette Journal today. It's made with splenda, looks easy and good. Drizzle it over fruit salad, stir it into oatmeal, pour it on frozen yogurt, angel food cake or pancakes. No fat and only 12 calories per tbl.
- Thaw the berries, if frozen, but do not drain them.
- Place half of the berries in a blender and process until berries are smooth.
- Press berries through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the seeds.
- Repeat with remaining berries.
- You should have about 1/2 a cup of puree from each 1 1/2 cup of berries.
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together Splenda and cornstarch.
- Add sieved berries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Makes about 1 cup of sauce.
I may keep this on hand from now on! It's wonderful. The color is gorgeous and you can put it on anything and I love the amount. It's small enough that you won't have to worry about finding more freezer space. The trick is not to eat the bowlful at once.