Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use A&P's America's Choice frozen raspberries and the raspberry sauce comes out great. I use it to drizzle over cool whip, cheesecakes, chocolate cakes and pound cakes. If you would prefer to omit the seeds, you may have to strain the sauce once and maybe even twice.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
This was very good! I made this recipe to go with recipe#204698 and it worked perfectly. It made just under 2 cups of sauce. This is also wounderful over vanilla ice cream and I've even added it to smoothies. I didn't strain it because I don't mind the seeds and it still had small pieces of whole raspberry in it and I didn't wan't to loose that through straining it. Delicious and simple! Thank's for sharing!!