Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good sauce to serve over anything. Cheesecake, key lime pie from Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, meats...your choice. This is acually part of a Key Lime Pie from JBs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- Make raspberry sauce by combining water and raspberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer raspberries for 10 minutes.
- Use a potato masher or a large spoon to crush the raspberries as they boil.
- Strain raspberry seeds from water, then put the liquid back into the saucepan and add the sugar.
- Bring mixture back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cover and cool sauce until you are ready to serve the pie.
This went great with some key lime pie! Thanks!