Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
I've not made this yet. The long cooking time is due to chill time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries, fresh for garnish
- For the crust add flour, pecans, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the filling drain raspberries and reserve syrup; set syrup aside.
- In a saucepan add sugar, cornstarch, water and raspberry syrup.
- Simmer until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and fold in raspberries.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice and serve.
- Garnish with some fresh raspberries.