Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend after she served it to me for dinner, and i went into transportations of delight. I had never made a roulade before and was surprised at how easy it actually was.
- 4 egg whites
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 12 ounces raspberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add the sugar 1 tsp at a time until all the sugar is added.
- Fold in the vanilla essence and cornflour.
- Prepare a Swss Roll tin with baking parchment.
- Spread the meringue mixture in the Swiss Roll tin.
- Bake at 300* for 10 mins, then turn oven down to 200* for 20 minutes.
- Leave roulade in the tin overnight to cool.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper over a damp teatowel, and dredge the paper with icing sugar.
- Turn roulade onto paper.
- Whip the cream until thick, and spread over the roulade. Sprinkle the rasberries over the cream.
- Roll up the roulade ( lengethwise ) with the aid of the paper.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with the icing sugar.
- Decorate with toasted almonds.