Recipe by Saeriu
This recipe came about while I was searching for a way to incorporate herbs into a jelly in a way that I hadn't seen before. Make sure your rose petals are from roses which have not been sprayed with pesticides.
- 3⁄4 cup dried rose petals
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- 2 tablespoons frozen-concentrate raspberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars and lids and boiling water bath.
- Steep petals in boiling water for 15-20 minutes to make rose tea.
- Stain tea through cheese cloth into a kettle.
- Add lemon juice, raspberry juice, and sugar.
- Boil 10 minutes making sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add pectin and boil 1 minute.
- Pour into jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.