Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour,baking powder and salt,gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 portions,shape each into a 10x2 1/2 inch log.
- Place 4 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Make 1/2 inch depression down the center of each log.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board,cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cookies.
I was surprised that someone had a bad result. I think the problem is an ingredient was missed when the recipe was submitted -- that would cause the problems another user experienced. The recipe I have is identical but includes 1/2 cup brown sugar (that's in addition to the 1/2 cup granulated sugar already listed in the ingredient list). I've made this recipe several times over the last 15 years (with the brown sugar), and it's delicious. This recipe is one of my favorite holiday cookies. The jam makes the bars/slices look festive on a cookie tray.
they taste pretty good, but they fall apart too easily and are messy so i couldnt give as a gift as i orginally wanted to.wouldnt make this again!