Recipe by Courtly
Great summer treat! Cook time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Chef Nana #4
Absolutely scrumptious pie. You use a lot of bowls while making it because of the dissolving, whipping and all but it is definitely worth it. I originally got this recipe from my Aunt Helen many years ago. Her recipe had double the filling ingredients so there was leftover filling. Not a problem! Made a very pretty layered desert in a stemmed glass. I have also made this using a tart pan which created a very impressive presentation. Great combination of flavors.
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (10 ounce) packagered frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 9 inches baked pastry shells, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- For red layers, dissolve Jello and 1/4 cup sugar in 1 1/4 cup boiling water. Add the frozen raspberries and lemon juice. Stir until berries thaw. Chill until partially set.
- For white layers, blend cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Fold in a small amount of whipped cream, then fold in remainder. Spread half the cheese mixture over bottom of pastry shell. Cover with half the red Jello mixture. Repeat layers and chill until set.