Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe because it combines two of my favorite foods, raspberries and cheesecake. I don't make it often because it's time consuming, but it's definitely worth the hassle. I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened raspberries, fresh or frozen thawed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Filling or Topping
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen thawed
- Combine all ingredients for crust and press into the bottom and 1- 1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9- inch springform pan.
- Chill crust for one hour or until firm.
- To make raspberry sauce, puree 2- 1/2 cups of raspberries in a blender.
- Press pureed raspberries through a sieve in order to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- Add water to pureed raspberries, if necessary, to measure 1 cup.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in pureed raspberries; allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar,flour, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add egg whites; beat on low speed until just blended.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture in to the crust.
- Top cream cheese with 3/4 cup of the raspberry sauce.
- (Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce) Spoon the remainder of the cream cheese mixture over the top of the raspberry sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35- 40 minutes or until center of the cheesecake is almost set.
- Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen crust.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
- To make topping, add orange juice to the refrigerated raspberry sauce.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon over cheesecake.
I can't say you didn't warn me about the time consuming part!!! WOW! But so worth it! I used this recipe as a guide to make a strawberry chocolate cheesecake. Straberries (frozen) were on sale and I was making 3 cheesecakes so I went with strawberries. I followed the crust directions exactly then just substituted strawberries for raspberries in the sauce recipe. Then used the filling from http://www.recipezaar.com/75281 that one has worked in the past why mess up a good thing!?! I figured the only thing that could make this better is more chocolate so I used http://www.recipezaar.com/265258 and spooned the berry sauce over the top! I got a marriage proposal! I plan to do this some time using raspberries and trying the filling recipe. I also think blueberries could be really good!
I can't say enough about this recipe - it is just fantastic! It looks beautiful and tastes even better! I substitute 3 packages Neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese) for the regular) to lighten it up a bit and you can't tell the difference in taste. Thanks for posting!