Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, colorful holiday bar recipe.
Make and share this Raspberry Ribbon Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour and baking soda to mixture.
- Stir in oats and nuts into existing mixture.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into 8in.
- square baking pan.
- Combine raisins and jam.
- Spread raisin mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges of pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Press lightly.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.
Soft, chewy, delicous and easy! I have left out the raisins while making these. Made these this evening and they were gone in 10 minutes!
These are VERY good! Easy to make and came out of the pan beautifully. Next time I may change the flour : oats ratio, as they came out a bit chewy. I pushed the jam all the way to the edges with no sticky ill effects. I was out of walnuts, so I substituted finely chopped blanched almonds, also with good result. I'm sure these will be just as good with any favorite jam; I want to try apricot, as I love that. UPDATE: I just made these again today, with a new twist. First, I did go with 1 cup each of oats and flour, with the flour being half whole wheat, and half all purpose. I'd say I like that ratio better. But the real change I tried today was to add about 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips on top of the raspberry jam. Nice! But I think I'd use a bit more chips next time. So, once again, this is a great recipe, and I'll definitely be making it again and again! Thanks, Hope!