Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple to make and makes a great Springtime hostess gift. I like to give "The Moms" a jar of this for Mother's Day...they kind of expect it (LOL) My own mother uses it as an ice cream topping. Feel free to use Strawberry Jell-O, or any red flavor. Fresh Rhubarb is best for this recipe. No messy melting parrafin required to seal jars. This one stores in the refrigerator.
- Remove leaves from Rhubarb (remember leaves are poison).
- Wash Rhubarb stalks and dice.
- Mix Rhubarb and Sugar together.
- Let set overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Boil fruit and Sugar mixture for 20 minutes. While bubbling at end of 20 minutes,stir in small package of Jell-O.
- Pour into clean and sterilized jelly jars or half pint jars with No parrafin wax.
- Cover with lids and cool, must be stored in refrigerator.