Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe is changed from a Certo Liquid Pectin recipe. Original recipe was for strawberry rhubarb jam. Times are estimates.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup rhubarb, unpeeled finely chopped
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 envelope certo liquid pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thoroughly crush raspberries, one layer at a time. We actually sieved raspberries until we had 1 cup without seeds and then crushed enough with seeds to equal 1 1/2 cups. We wanted some seeds, just not a lot.
- Finely chop unpeeled rhubarb.
- In large mixing bowl stir together prepared fruit and sugar.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add Certo Liquid Pectin and lemon juice. Stir 3 minutes.
- Put into clean containers filling up to 1/4 inch from rim. Cover with lids. Leave at room temperature 24 hours or till set.
- Notes" No-cook jam may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or can be kept in the freezer for 6-8 months.
- Sterilized containers are not required for no-cook jams, they simply need to be washed in hot soapy water and rinsed before use. Plastic freezer containers, or glass jars with tight-fitting lids that are no larger than 2 cups can be used.