1 hr 15 mins
This cake is so good! The raspberries may be replaced with strawberries, if desired, but it is definitely better using the raspberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (510 g) package devil's food cake mix or 1 (510 g) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- 3For the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine the flour and the remaining streusel ingredients; mix until crumbly; set aside.
- 4In a small-medium bowl, mix the raspberries with 2 Tbsp sugar, (if using).
- 5For the cake: In a large bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (except the raspberries and the 2 Tbsp sugar); beat at low speed until moistened, beat for 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- 7Spread the raspberries carefully and evenly over the cake batter (it is okay for them to sink in the batter a bit).
- 8Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the raspberries.
- 9Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- 10Cool for 1 or more hours, or until the cake is completely cool.
- 11In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for drizzling consistency; blend well.
- 12Drizzle over the cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Rhapsody Chocolate Streusel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 404.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g