Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This cake is so good! The raspberries may be replaced with strawberries, if desired, but it is definitely better using the raspberries.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (510 g) package devil's food cake mix or 1 (510 g) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- For the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine the flour and the remaining streusel ingredients; mix until crumbly; set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix the raspberries with 2 Tbsp sugar, (if using).
- For the cake: In a large bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (except the raspberries and the 2 Tbsp sugar); beat at low speed until moistened, beat for 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the raspberries carefully and evenly over the cake batter (it is okay for them to sink in the batter a bit).
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the raspberries.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Cool for 1 or more hours, or until the cake is completely cool.
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for drizzling consistency; blend well.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
This cake was really different with the chocolate cake and raspberries and almond streusel. I'm not sure I cared for the chocolate in this, I would probally like a white cake with this better. Still a good recipe. Thanks for posting! :)
Very good cake. Very moist, and the berries added the right touch of sweetness.