Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mixed with oil and sugar, this vinegar is the perfect dressing for salad greens. Any recipe calling for red wine vinegar, I use this. Time does not include chilling time.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Place raspberries, both vinegars and sugar in medium stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Cool liquid. Chill overnight.
- Strain through fine sieve, pressing to extract liquid.
- Discard pulp. Pour liquid into glass jar with tight fitting lid. Chill.
- My family's favorite salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup oil.
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar.
- 1/4 cup white sugar.
- 1/4 cup ketchup.
- 1 tbsp steak sauce.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add all ingredients and blend with a stick blender.
- This is a sweet dressing.
We loved this dressing~ I chose to cut the sugar down by half which I think made it perfect for us. I also used frozen Raspberries. this dressing is so worth trying.
This is very good and easy to make. Next time think I'll reduce the sugar, seems a bit sweet for my taste. Thanks for sharing!
I knew I'd love this dressing because I love raspberry-based dressings. This is my favorite now. I followed the recipe exactly, including calee's family's favorite dressing, and it turned out great. I will make this often!