1/4 Photos of Raspberry Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
Always looking for ways to use our frozen berries, this one turned out great. from Canadian living mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain raspberries, reserving juice in liquid measure; add enough water to make 1 cup, set aside.
- 2In greased 8 inch square metal cake pan, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set raspberry mixture aside.
- 3Cake topping: In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- 5In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of milk.
- 7Scrape evenly over raspberries, smoothing top,set aside.
- 8In a small saucepan, bring reserved raspberry juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar to boil; pour over batter.
- 9Bake in centre of 350 F degree oven until bubblely at edges and cake is firm to the touch, about 50 minutes.
- 10Let cool slightly before serving.
- 11Make ahead = store at room temp for up to 8 hours; reheat if desired.
- 12I use becel margarine instead of butter and Splenda instead of sugar, comes out nice and light.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g