Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy dessert we often serve. Delightful for all who love sweet & salty tastes together!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, light
- 6 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 9 ounces frozen raspberries
- 2 cups boiling water
- Melt margarine& mix together with sugar& pretzels.
- Press into 9x13 pan.
- Bake@ 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together and stir in Cool Whip for the second layer.
- When blended, spread over cooled pretzel crust.
- Place in refrigerator until mixture is firm.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and add raspberries.
- When jello starts to thicken, pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill overnight.
- Cut into squares and garnis with whipped cream and a fresh berry if available.
Wonderful recipe! Fantastic change from the usual strawberry pretzel dessert I make. I made it for a family cookout & it didn't last long! Everyone loved it! I used fresh raspberries cuz they were on sale. I think I'll forgo the strawberries from now on & always stick with raspberries! Only change I made was to bake the pretzel crust for a few minutes longer, because sometimes the crust doesn't get done enough and it'll fall apart when serving. Otherwise, the recipe is perfection!
This has been one of my favorite desserts for years. Mmmmmmm!
This is the same recipe I always use. It is my husbands favorite, and it is so delicious!