Recipe by newspapergal
This quick bread is very moist and flavorful. It's great for breakfast, coffee breaks or a simple dessert.
Top Review by Kaarin
These were delicious-light and fluffy. I used the vanilla extract and only had 2 tbsp. of poppy seeds, but next time will use the full 1/4 cup. They turned out so pretty. I think I would like to try a lemon juice glaze on these next time but these were a hit at our family reunion just the way they are-thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla beans, split or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 -2 pint raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix together butter and sugar in a mixer on second speed.
- Add split vanilla bean (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract) into egg yolks.
- Slowly add yolks, one at a time, to butter/sugar mixture. Beat until mixture is a soft lemon color.
- Stir in sour cream and poppy seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture. Gently stir in 1-2 pints of fresh raspberries.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.