Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't gotten a chance to make these yet, but they sound delicious!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 -2 pint raspberries
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix together butter and sugar in a mixer on second speed.
- Add split vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoons vanilla extract) into egg yolks.
- Slowly add yolks, one at a time, to butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat until mixture is a soft lemon color.
- Stir in sour cream and poppy seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Gently stir in 1-2 pints of fresh raspberries.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.