Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fast and simple. And the kids love it. Use any kind of jello you like.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- whipping cream
- Mix and bake cake in a 9x13 pan.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan; then poke with fork at 1/2" intervals.
- Make sure you poke all the way down.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add cold water and spoon over cake.
- Chill 3-4 hours.
- Top with whipping cream.
I love how simple it is! My hubby picked up a random cake mix and I wanted something different, so abox of strawberry Jello and some blue can icing later...... this would be great for a 4th of July bbq- I didn't realize until typing this that I had made a red, white and blue cake! lol thanks!
My mom used to make this. So pretty and so yummy. Can you say "COMFORT FOOD?"
my mom and aunts started making this when i was in high school in the seventies. i hadn't made one in years so had to search for a recipe since i wasn't sure if the jello was made according to the package directions... i love this cake. it's always a hit :-)