Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
You don't need a trifle bowl for this, as a matter of fact, it will look even prettier in a large low glass or crystal bowl. I found this on dianasdesserts.com. The picture looks exactly as lovely as it turns out.
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) vanilla pudding mix or 1 (4 1/2 ounce) vegetarian vanilla pudding mix
- 1 store bought raspberry jelly sponge roll, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (19 ounce) raspberry pie filling, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- raspberries, for garnish
- mint sprig, for garnish
- Cook pudding mix according to pkg directions.
- Line inside of a 6-cup bowl with three quarters of jelly roll slices.
- Standing them up, so as to see the pinwheels from the outside of the bowl; line them up around the bowl first.
- Reserve 1/4 cup raspberry pie filling.
- Spread half the remaining pie filling over bottom of lined bowl, top with half the pudding.
- Repeat layering with remaining jelly roll slices, pie filling and pudding.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- To serve top with whipped cream and reserved pie filling.
- Garnish as desired.