Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes about 6 dozen. I usually freeze dough and bake when needed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon zest
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese with sugar; add egg, juice and lemon zest.
- Continue beating till light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking soda together.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.blending after each addition.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet, divide dough into three portions.
- Working on floured surface, roll each portion into a rectangle about 9x10 inches and 1/8 inch thick. Trim edges.
- Brush with 1/3 cup raspberry jam and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Cut rolls in slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or till firm.
- When done, transfer to racks and let cool completely.